Today at work, we did a treasure hunt and word scramble for the 4 departments under my manager. I spent a lot of time working on this and, for the most part, it was a success. The game was a little bit Survivor (unscrambling letters to spell a related word) and little bit Amazing Race (reading clues that lead you from one station to another). Some of the teams were led into a particular person's office. The team would then ask for the clue and the person would give it to them. I had arranged in advance for 3 people outside of our area to help out with this game. The day before the game I gave them their clue envelopes that they would give out. The morning of the game I went to all the helpers and double checked to make sure they were ready. I had given them a 15 minute period of time that they needed to be in their office. Everyone gave me the thumbs up. We started the game. One of the team's very first clue was to go to another manager's office to pick up a clue. I had talked very specifically to this manager previously, explaining to her that the team would be coming to her office first and so she would not have to wait around for more than a minute or two for them to show up. Now the team was at her office and she was not there. Huh? They were stumped. They called for help. I ended up having to go into her office and look around on her desk for the envelope so this team could continue on. After the game had been over for about 5 minutes, she was standing outside of her office and called me over. Sorry, she says, I got called away to the other side of the building. I thought to myself, Really? Really? After I talked to you extensively about what we needed and gave you every opportunity to back out if you could not do it? You couldn't tape the envelope to your door so the team could grab it in your absence? I was rolling my eyes on the inside. When I turned to walk away, I actually rolled my eyes.
In the morning when I blow my hair dry, my cat would sometimes walk over and sit by my feet. Sometimes he would play with the power cord as it jiggles back and forth. Sometimes he would rub against my ankles. On those mornings when I was annoyed, I would turn the hairdryer on him to shoo him away. He does not like it when I hold the hairdryer high above him and aim it at him. But I have discovered that he really enjoys when I hold the dryer close to his back, about a foot away, and run the airstream up and down his spine. It violently blows his hair around and into a part. I don't know why he likes the close-up blowing and not the far-away blowing, but he is addicted to it now. Every morning, he comes by and waits at my feet to get his little air massage. I am happy to do it. It's the least I can do for my great cat, who doesn't pee on the floor and likes to chase and kill bugs.
a photo of Ewan McGregor just because it makes me smile :-)

1 comment:
I'm hoping your cut is healing?? Be careful!!!
Post a Comment