Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dreamin'

I went to look at an apartment that is about a block from Indian Rocks Beach today. I stumbled onto this property by accident after calling about a different property. It is going for a good price considering its location and it is 2 bedrooms. I made an appointment to go see it. Everyone at work was really excited about it. One coworker insisted that I should do anything to get this apartment. I love the beach, it is true, and this apartment did not have a dishwasher. A dishwasher, as you may have read in previous blogs, is a deal breaker. BUT NOT WHEN THE APT IS ONE, COUNT 'EM, ONE BLOCK FROM THE BEACH!!!!!! All bets are off then.

I expected this place to be kind of dump for the price. Either that or it was the scene of some horrific murder or is partially submerged or the previous tenant ran a meth lab. Hassana, one of my coworkers, agreed to go with me to make sure I asked the right questions. We found the place easily and it is indeed about ONE BLOCK FROM THE BEACH!!!!!

It is a cute little building with four units. The building is painted this peach/pink color and the doors to all the apts face into a common area with picnic tables. The apartment is nothing special, other than being ONE BLOCK FROM THE BEACH!!!!! Hassana and I met the owner, Jan, and we went right in. The walls are white and the floor is white ceramic tile, except for the bedrooms which have carpeting. The kitchen is simple but has lots of cabinets. There is room for a dining room table. All the rooms in this apartment are smaller than the apartments I looked at last weekend, but they are plenty big for me. The bathroom is actually in better shape than the one with the minister next door neighbor. A nice breeze ran through the apartment and it smelled like the beach...I was already imagining myself getting home from work, putting on my flip flops and heading over to the beach for an early evening swim before watching the sun set.

Jan went out to pick up an application form and Hassana and I quickly and quietly discussed the apartment out of her ear shot. Hassana said, 'You have to take this apt! It is perfect for you.' She was supposed to be the voice of reason! But this place did feel right. I felt happy there.

The price monthly is only 80 dollars more than what I pay now for one less bedroom and not being ONE BLOCK FROM THE BEACH!!!!! I want this apartment so bad that I almost started crying. I was jonesing for a cigarette because the prospect of my not living there was so depressing. I just don't know if I can swing the inital costs and deposits to move in. I am going to do what I can to get this apartment but it may not work out despite my best efforts. In that case I guess I will have to start dreamin' about some other perfect little home, with pink outside and white inside and ocean breezes and being ONE BLOCK FROM THE BEACH!!!!!

1 comment: