Five things that are getting me lately. I hope you all don't mind my venting a little.
1. People who drive into the exit of the Checkers on Walsingham. People! The sign might be faded but it says Do Not Enter! This is an exit only and only wide enough for one car.
2. The Land Rover commercial where it touts the car is so big it can even handle a 7th wheel. Then it proceeds to show a single guy camping with 3 married couples. We has to put sunscreen on his back by himself. He takes a nice group photo of the couples and then they all run off while he timidly asks, "Does anyone want to take a picture with me?" He has to paddle a canoe solo. Yeah, yeah, I know that story.
3. People who say things like "I am just wondering why. I'm not mad. I'm just wondering why" when it is clear that they are mad. Passive-aggression in general. Co-worker who says things as they walk past my desk like, "Gee wonder why so-and-so has been gone from his desk so long? Did he go home maybe?" I know what you're saying there, buddy. Perhaps you shouldn't be pointing a finger. You might not like how it affects you in your glass house.
4. Facebook's new "cover photo" for your page. I have the worst time trying to get a photo that is at least 399 pixels wide. I find a photo on the internet that claims to be over 400 pixels wide. I save that image. When I load it onto the page, it suddenly isn't wide enough. I try to resize the photo and it gets too blurry. I find a photo big enough and then it won't all fit in the long low rectangle shape they give you. Can't believe Facebook can't make this better.
5. Not having veto power over people using photos of me. Several photos were taken of me recently at a church event. These photos were then added to a slide show which was played for everyone at the morning service. They are terrible photos of me! I would rather no photos of me ever be taken, but if you must, I would like to know which ones will be used for public display.
Five things that I have really liked lately.
1. Lays Sweet Southern Heat potato chips - they are spicy and sweet and BBQ-y to the max. Love them!
2. Sally Hansen magnetic nail polish - you paint a thick layer on and then hold the magnetic lid over your nail for about 15 seconds. Tiny metal particles in the nail polish are pulled by the magnet into squiggly lines that make a design on your nail. Totally fun and easy and cool.
3. The Book of Acts - our summer Sunday school curriculum is based on Acts. I have been rereading Acts along with these lessons. The apostles were on fire and made sure everyone knew about it. Maybe it will inspire me.
4. Larry Hagman back on TV as J. R. Ewing. He is so good in this role and, frankly, after 2 liver transplants and his age, I can't believe he's still alive, much less working. It was good to Steve Kanaly make a cameo as Ray Krebs in the pilot of Dallas. He helped my mom with car trouble once in California. He still looks good.
5. Being busy. I have been really busy lately and it has been nice to have things to do. It keeps me from napping too much. It gives me exercise. It's nice to feel useful.




1 comment:
I'm enjoying the new Dallas and agree that Larry is the reason why. Plus I think having the veterans on the show are the reason why us old folks tune in. GH is doing that now too and it brought me back!
Perhaps we will see you before you head out of town?
Post a Comment