Friday, July 22, 2011

FamVac Day 4

Day 4 we went to Universal. to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It was pretty to look at, but it was so hot, the sun was so scorching, and the crowds were so big, that we didn't get to do all that we wanted to do in the Harry Potter section. There were lines to get into the stores, but all the stores from the books were there - HoneyDukes, Zonko's, Three Broomsticks, etc. I think the staff at Universal could stand a lot more training, but then again, I am comparing to Disney staff. Say what you want about Disney. I have said much negative about them. Disney knows how to train and supervise staff. That cold military precision is good for keeping people in line. The staff at Universal seemed less inefficient, more disorganized, and at times were actually rude, I thought. I was melting in the heat and not in a very good mood, so perhaps my perception was skewed a bit. Anyway here are some pictures of the day.

          
On the way to the park from the parking garage. I love moving sidewalks!

At the beginning of our day...

Kevin enjoying (?) the merry go round in the Dr Seuss part of the park. I think this was called the Carou-seuss-el? 



Mom and Ryan meet Thing 1 and Thing 2. Thing 2 sure is mischievous.

Ryan and The Grinch



The Hogwarts Express and no, I don't know those people posing in front of it...


Hogsmeade village - It was very crowded. I wish that had been real snow on the rooftops. I would have caused an avalanche so I could cool off.


Hogwarts Castle


A little Butterbeer to cool us off. It was surprisingly delicious!

No comments: