Poor poor Pontiac. Taken out by a Dodge Ram 1500. Like Cara said, "Don't you think you could have hit something a little smaller?"
Neither me nor the other driver were injured. My glasses flew off my face when we hit. Sat in the car, halfway in a lane of traffic, and pulled out my phone. Tried to get out of the car but the driver's side door would not open. I texted Seaver to tell him I had been in a crash. For some reason, I thought in my panic that he needed to know I was not coming to class at the church tonight. I called Cara. Tried to call 911 but couldn't get through. Called Cara again to ask how to call 911. Finally occurred to me that I was dialing 911 but not hitting Talk button to send the call. Duh. One lady pulled over in her car to see if we were OK. Another woman stopped by for about 10 minutes. Seaver texted back to see if I was OK. A few minutes later, he pulled up with his wife Rose. They live about 2 or 3 blocks away. I was still shaking and my legs were intermittently wobbly. When Cara arrived, her first action was to give me a hug. Cara, Seaver, and Rose hung out with me for over an hour till the police, fire truck, ambulance, random EMT who happened to be driving by, highway patrol officer, tow truck driver, and insurance company were through with me. Cara gave me a ride to her house to watch Survivor. On the drive back, Darcy called to tell me she loved me so much. Nothing like the cracking little voice of Darcy on the phone to cheer you up. Talked to my brother and sister on the phone. Once back at Cara's, she fed me, desserted me, and gave me a ride to my apartment.
I feel OK now, but I am thinking that come the morn, I might be a little achy. I am sure that Cara will blog about this in a much more entertaining way. Can't wait to read it.
I want to be irritated that I spent so much money on new tires in the past 12 months, and recently (less than a week ago) spent a couple hundred more on brakes and now the car is all f**ked up. I want to scream, "wow, what a waste of money that was!" But I can't. I can only be thankful that I had good tires and new brakes. Might have been worse otherwise.


1 comment:
Oh no!! I'm so sorry, glad you are okay!! Your poor car:(
Post a Comment