Monday, June 21, 2010

Darcy says...


Darcy and I went out shopping at WalMart and stopped by 7-11 on the way home to get Slurpees for us and Cara and Madison. It was at night time, like the last time I went to 7-11 with Cara's kids (see Out of the Mouth of Cara's Babes from March 2010). This time it was even later though.

Me (sitting at the light waiting to cross the intersection to the 7-11 and remembering the last time we went there at night): Well it's 11 o'clock at night and we are headed to the dangerous 7-11 again! What would Madison say?

Darcy: She would not be happy.


The light changes and we cross the intersection. The 7-11 is right there.

Darcy: Well, look, there's like 4 police cars in the parking lot. I mean, we couldn't be any safer!

We pull into a parking space. Three of the police cars are surrounding another car. None of the police cars has their lights on. A sad and slightly drunk-looking woman is sitting on the curb right in front of the front door and a female officer seems to be watching her.

Darcy (before she opens the car door): Oooooooo, someone..is..in..TROUBLE!!!!

Little did I know it would be me, once we got home to her father.

No comments: