Monday, June 1, 2009

THE PRICE YOU PAY

Living in Florida certainly has its ups! Sunshine, beaches, blue skies, tropical fruits, palm trees, etc. But don't be fooled into thinking it's all rainbows and unicorns down here. There is a price to pay (besides bad employment laws favoring businesses and not employees...oh and let's not forget the high cost of car insurance...). I found this in my hallway when I came home today.Cowboy's latest victim. I put the dime there so you could estimate its actual size.

They like to call these palmetto bugs. Sounds cute, don't it? There just roaches on steroids! And they are pretty unavoidable. However I have my own pest exterminator. His name is Cowboy. He loves to hunt these, play with them and then kill them, usually by biting till their guts spill open. I'll admit, this kind of violence turns me on. Everytime I see one of his kills, I smile. Good Boy Cowboy!

No comments: